Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Arco XXX

Don't worry, the XXX does not stand for any unappropriate contents. It stands for the 30th Arco exhibition in a row. And that is one hell of an achievement. :)

So yes, this previous weekend I attended the 30th Arco bonsai exhibition in Arco, Italy. This year the organizers decided to make a more international exhibition for their anniversary. Therefore I did not go there as a visitor only, but as an exhibitor and demonstrator, represanting Slovenia at that exhibition.

The scenary of this place is just wow. Nice warm mediteranian climate with high mountains surrounding them.





The exhibition was very good as usual. Also a few levels higher then last year if you ask me. 








I exhibitted my cinese Itoigawa juniper.




Like I mentioned before I was also there to perform a demo. I carried it out together with Tomaž Kovšca and Gašper.



The final product. Since Tomaž supplied the material, and since it was our joint demo I left the styling of the crown to him. Not completely my style if you ask me and I would have done quite a few things different, but we had fun and we still made a great tree :)


The prize-giving ceremony was just after the end of the exibition on Sunday, where all the winners were anounced. 
Since the organizers aimed for this year's Arco to be very internationally directioned, they really should have taken care of some italian to english translation...


Overall it was another great event and I'm sure to visit it again in the future.

No comments: